So, I read today that I have been awarded a “Brillante Weblog” nod from the fabulous Arianne over at Little Pink Houses. Maybe it’s because I was busy proofing my latest work that I immediately noticed the typo. (Did you notice, too?) Regardless, I am completely and totally HONORED to accept! And this nomination will inspire me to reach even higher levels of Brillance.
Actually, the fact that anybody is still reading this since my life (and writing) became hi-jacked by the crappy real estate market is a surprisingly wonderful mystery. So, I thank you all for continuing to read. (And for those of you who read and roll your eyes, but refrain from snarky comments, I thank you too!)
Okee doke, part of my responsibility in accepting this award is to adhere to the following instructions:
1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.
So, without further ado, here are my nominations for Super Brillante Weblogs:
1. Emily of Something Shiny! is the queen of saying something clever, witty, and intelligent in an amazingly brief way. Seriously, most of her posts are one fantastic paragraph. I want to learn this skill!
2. Jim of Voice of Reason is not only a long-time family friend, but a new blogger who totally and completely cracks me up. And please–don’t let the title fool you. I suspect that you will find very little reasonable reading, which is exactly why I love to read it!
3. Hillary of Mckayart. I met Hillary when she was five. She is now fifteen and blossoming into an amazing writer and photographer.
4. Angie of Addy G is also new to the Bloggerhood, but a new found must-read. I especially love her “Week in Review” posts each Friday. (Fun trivia: Angie and I founded the Jack Amish religion together. As it turns out, we are both quite inactive in our membership. But, I guess that’s exactly what’s to be expected)
5. Becky of Here She Goes Again is otherwise known on my site as Mrs. Smith. We have experienced many fun adventures together over the past few years and I begged her to start a blog. I knew I would need her blog when we were suddenly 2000 miles apart.
6. Robin of RedRobinLand is somebody I’ve never met, but fully admire. She is thoughtful and artistic. I love her photos and her lovely observations.
7. The Look for Less is another favorite. Look here for links to incredibly affordable knock-offs of uber-expensive clothes and shoes. I am but a mere blurker on this blog, but a daily reader.
Congratulations to the nominees, and to all of you others who deserve to be on this list! You are all Brillante in my book!