We’ve spent the last two days house-hunting in our future stompin’ grounds, and let me tell you—the only thing more exhausting than house-hunting cross-country is trying to watch The Bachelor without throwing heavy, blunt objects at the TV screen.
Doesn’t this design go nicely with the background of this page (which is reminiscent of my childhood kitchen wallpaper)? I think so.
Here is a quick summary of our search:
1. Generally speaking, people in the east have amazing yards and landscaping.
2. Generally speaking, people in the east have amazingly poor taste in interior decoration. It’s practically an epidemic.
3. We have yet to meet one of the stuffy, snooty, aloof east coast people we keep being warned about.
4. OK, I take that back. We met one, but only one. And one is barely more than zero.
5. When I move here, it will take me approximately six months to find my way to and from the grocery store.
6. Generally speaking, I have no idea which direction anything is AT ALL.
7. The two houses we liked got me choked up in the I-could-see-us-raising-our-family-here way. I almost wrote a speech to both of them on poster boards.
8. I could barely sleep last night because I was haunted by floor plans.
9. Bringing a house-hunting committee with us (Alison and Andrea) was a very good idea.
10. Andrea has a purse full of candy. (See item 9)
11. I’m so tired, my eyelashes hurt.
Have a great weekend!