My mom brought this blast-from-the-past photo last night and gave it to me only if I promised not to put it on my blog. I feel justified because she (shown in the middle; that’s me on the left and my sister Leslie on the right) looks quite sassy and stylish, compared to me.
Let me point out a few things, if I may:
1. I like how the three of us are color-coordinating. I’m sure this is how Destiny’s Child got the idea for their costumes.
2. Notice my artificially straight hair and my sister’s artificially curly hair.
3. My sister used to use a knitting needle to lift her hair, then spray it with hairspray to achieve proper heightage and fluffage. I thought it was genius.
4. I am sporting a T-shirt and matching earrings designed by our neighbor Jane.
5. I believe we are sitting at our church. You can tell by the painted brick wall and faux-gold frame on the picture in the background.
6. I like my sister’s outfit more than mine.
7. I often borrowed my sister’s clothes.
8. Without asking.
9. I have very kind, forgiving sisters.
10. If you look closely, you can see that my eye-teeth (I-teeth? Aye-teeth? I don’t know) are still my baby teeth. In about a year from this photo, our dentist will convince me that he needs to pull these teeth, and that my permanent teeth will fill right in. I walked around toothless for more than a year, which was totally not a big deal AT ALL because I was only a teenage girl.
11. My dentist mysteriously disappeared in 1993 shortly after I got my drivers license.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I couldn’t love you more!