1. I cleaned the steering wheel in my car with a baby wipe while bored at a stop light. I was very surprised to find out that my steering wheel is an entirely different color now. Yikes.
2. Yesterday we ordered a flower arrangement for Grandma’s funeral. (She passed away Wednesday afternoon.) For years Grandma has been telling us, “Now, when I die, I want each of you grandkids to buy an arrangement for me. I’ve outlived almost everybody I know, so there aren’t going to be a lot of people at my funeral and I want there to be a lot of flowers.” Geez, I’m going to miss her.
3. I bought Lucy a polo doggy shirt. Lucy is a preppy dog.
4. The more I strive to be a better person, the more darling red shoes I find on sale.
5. I learned an important lesson this week—when you’re going to be in the same city as a blogging friend you’ve never met, get over yourself and send an e-mail and try to get together. You will smack yourself on the forehead for days after missing the opportunity.
6. I have been laughing ever since DeDe and I drove up to Pineview last week and we talked about going to see movies by ourselves. DeDe said, “That’s going to be one of my life goals—visit Europe; go to a movie alone.”
7. Ryan has been reading the new job postings for the professor jobs across the country. Every time he checks his e-mail, we imagine ourselves living in a different place. This is going to be an interesting year.
8. In light of #8, my goal is to throw out or donate one garbage bag full of stuff every day. Eighty percent of the crap in my basement needs to go.
9. The knob on my dryer is broken. I’m using a pair of pliers to reset the cycle, which is actually a lot bigger pain in the neck than one might think.
10. When I called DishNetwork this week to see about getting a new remote and receiver, I found out that I am no longer in a contract with them. I felt an unexpected sense of freedom. We are now considering DirectTV or Comcast. Any suggestions?